Developing the new RAIDER family has been the hardest challenge in the whole ATK® company life. How to improve our R12 2.0 collection?
The new “R12” family shows 4 different productive Technologies and 6 ATK® Patents, among which the new Snow Pack Proof System® which avoids the snow, ice or debris entrance under the toe piece locking mechanism.
The huge know-how that ATK® developed on the racing field has also made it possible to achieve a weight of only 330 grams, including the new rear ski brake which provides a great braking action with an astonishing ease of use and lightness.
A new fully-adjustable Freeride Spacer is available as an accessory and it definitely closes the gap in between Free Touring and Free Ride categories and moves precision and power transmission to a racing Alpine binding level.
The R12 binding is offered in 3 different colors: White, Light Blue and Orange to perfectly match with any ski topsheet.
PRODUCTS TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Easy Entry System®: new geometry of the toe parts elements that makes the step-in easy and confident with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
- SNOW PACK PROOF SYSTEM®: no snow pack under the toe part, even with several up-hill/downhill transitions; it also avoids snow loads on the toe piece, granting a perfect lightness at any moment.
- U.H.V.® System (Up-hill Hardness Variator): system that allows to change the up-hill locking hardness of the toe part. It compensates the boot toe insert wear and tear during the years, provides a proper locking strenght for each user and reduces the pressures on the locking mechanism.
- CAM RELEASE SYSTEM®: exclusive system that provides the most stable downhill performance on the market, extremely precise release and the softest heel step-in of the industry.
- ELASTIC RESPONSE SYSTEM®: an elastic sliding system ( 8+4 / tot 12 mm of elasticty ) applied to the heel part to ensure the natural ski flex (also in case of big jumps/compressions), improves the binding release performance when the binding is stressed, reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
- An updated version of Magneto Heel Flaps® provides 5 different walking modes.
- The built-in crampons slot assures the perfect insertion of any ATK® crampon size.
- A 25 mm ADJUSTMENT PLATE is integrated in the heel part to assure a fast adjustment in case of boot substitution.
- The release system on the heel part provides a 5 to 12 adjustment range, both lateral (Mz) and vertical (My).
- SKI-BRAKE ELASTIC SLIDE: integrated in the ski-brake pad to keep the lateral release value of the binding fixed.
- New rear SKI BRAKE included: characterized by ATK® usual quality and extreme lightness. Two different positions (Uphill and Downhill) can be simply selected by pressing a button.
- New FREERIDE SPACER ( optional ): with this new accessory, we covered and exceeded the gap in between tech and apline bindings providing an astonishing downhill performance.