Discover the essence of the main patented ATK® systems and which ones have been applied on your next binding!
The whole ATK® WORLD CUP heels “U” springs are made out of TITANIUM. This material provides an incredible lightness but is prone to wear and tear,
with possible performance and safety ratio loss.
The ROLLING-IN SYSTEM® is a revolution in this field. Two small HARDENED STEEL bushings (0,4 mm section) are applied to the front-end of the “U” spring, saving Titanium from wear and tear.
– 100% elimination of wear and tear, still keeping the titanium body extreme lightweight.
– Easier step in and more precise vertical release thanks to the rolling bushings.
The king of the ATK® patented systems! The CAM RELEASE SYSTEM® is fitted inside of our touring bindings heels in order to drive the boot step-in and vertical release in case of fall. A special CAM profile is pressed towards the heel pins by a pre-tensioned spring: when the step-in or a fall release occur, the
pins are forced to go through the CAM profile which provides a precise resistance to the pin release, depending on the release value set on the binding.
– Provides the most stable downhill performances on the market with consistent reduction of boot torsion compared to any other tech heel part.
– Extremely precise release performance.
– Provides the softest heel step in of the industry.
– Small dimensions compared to performance and astonishing lightweight.
A spring is placed in between the base plate of the binding and the adjustment screw. When the ski bents under the effect of a compression or a jump, the 4 mm distance in between boot and heel can be reduced or deleted and the heel part can slide backward and forward under the effect of the spring.
– Grants the natural ski flex, also in case of big jumps/compressions.
– Improves binding release performance when the binding is stressed.
– Reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
An ingenious as simple magnet system provides the handling and stabilization of the heel flaps.
– Extremely light and comfortable heel flaps system
A special design of the toe part that avoids any snow/ ice/debris build-up under the hooking elements.
– No snow pack under the toe part, even with several up-hill/downhill transitions.
– Avoids snow loads on the toe piece, granting a perfect lightness at any moment.
A multi-position selector is placed in between the front lever and the toe piece base plate. By changing the selector setting, the up-hill mode locking hardness variates by increasing the pressure on the locking mechanism
– It compensates the boot toe insert wear and tear during the years.
– Provides a proper locking strength for each user (softer for lighter users, harder for strong ones).
– Reduces the pressures on the locking mechanism
The first ski touring brake with automatic activation!
1. Automatic activation: when the toe piece is locked for the up-hill action through the front lever activation, the ski-brake is automatically recalled on the ski ready to open again in case of boot release (after a fall release or a voluntary activation of the brake)
2. Innovative design that optimizes the ergonomics in order to reduce the snow friction over the toe piece while skiing
This system is characterized by a new geometry of the toe part elements.
– Super easy and confident step in on the toe part, with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
The ATK® R&D TEAM sourced a new aeronautical
steel alloy that provides an extreme elastic modulus.
Thanks to this special steel we were able to erase the half of the toe springs (from 4 to 2) and create a fix left arm, the so called MONOLINK® 1.0
– Weight reduction: 2,5 grams per toe part;
– Stiffness increased: lower pressure on the locking system with higher performances.